Awards and Scholarships

Central Technical School recognizes outstanding academic and athletic achievement. Scholarships, awards of distinction, and other prizes worth several thousand dollars in total are awarded each year to deserving students. Visit the Guidance Office to find out which awards and scholarships you may be eligible for.

Career Resource Centre

A full range of college, university, job, and career information is available in the Career Resource Centre located inside the Guidance Office. Representatives from universities and colleges hold lunch hour sessions in September, October, and November. Ask your guidance counsellor for more details.


Personal, academic, and career counselling are available from your guidance counsellor. Counsellors can assist with a variety of concerns and make referrals to the school social worker, psychologist, and community settlement worker. Make an appointment in the Guidance Office to see your counsellor if you have any concerns.

First Aid

If you are injured or want to report an injury, go to Room 266. Staff who are trained in basic first aid will be called to assist you there. School staff are not permitted to give medication of any kind, including aspirin. All injuries that happen on school property must be reported to the Vice Principals' Office.

Food and Drinks

The cafeteria is open from 8:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. every day. Vending machines are available on the first floor. Students will not be excused to get drinks or food during class time. Students may eat breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria or on the first floor only. Students are not permitted to eat in classrooms or hallways above the lower level.

Locks and Lockers

Homeform teachers assign lockers to students. Each student has access only to one assigned locker which remains, at all times, the property of the Toronto District School Board and is loaned to students for their personal use and security, provided that the locker number, combination, name, and homeform are recorded in the Main Office. Students are cautioned not to leave valuables in their lockers. Administrators have the right to inspect student lockers. Combination locks can be purchased in Room 266.

Lost and Found

Lost and found inquiries may be made in the Vice Principals' Office in Room 266. Any item of value lost or believed stolen should be reported to the office. Insurance coverage can only be secured through personal homeowners' insurance policies. If you find anything that is not yours, bring it to Room 266. You'll be happily surprised when you have lost something and it is returned by a considerate fellow student.


All parking spaces are reserved for staff. Students are encouraged to take the TTC. Some bicycles racks are provided outside the school building. If you ride your bike to school, make sure it is securely locked.


This service is available in the library at the posted fee. You are bound by copyright laws. Check with the librarian to make sure you are not copying illegally. Remember too that the machine breaks down; so do not wait until the last minute to make the copies you need. It also helps to have the right change!


SEPT is a program that helps newcomer students and their families settle in Canada . Assistance is given for housing, immigration, employment, and other areas of settlement. Newcomers, please come with any questions to Room 221 on Thursdays and Fridays, or phone Eileen at 416-680-7287.

Student Council

The CTS Student Council plays a significant role in representing all students and developing school spirit. The CTS council organizes a number of activities during the year and welcomes the participation of all students. The council office is located in Room 215. Drop in at lunchtime if you have a suggestion or a concern.


Most courses at Central Technical School provide textbooks for student use. It is your responsibility to:


Students are not to bring guests to school. People visiting CTS on official business must report to the Main Office (Room 202).

Volunteer/Community Service

All students must complete 40 hours of community as part of the requirement for their OSSD. Check the Guidance Office for information about possible placements.

Who to Call for Help

Got a problem? Want to talk? Need help? Many resources are available. Dial 211 or go to Have you tried people at school?
Guidance counsellors, teachers, social worker
Room 205 All inquiries
416-963-4300 Asian Community Services
416-740-1558 Caribbean Youth and Family Services
416-924-2100 Central Toronto Youth Services
416-482-0081 Delisle Youth Services
416-535-1140 Dufferin Mall Youth Services
416-362-1375 South East Asian Services
416-533-8545 Centre For Spanish-Speaking People
Crisis Numbers
1-800-668-2437 AIDS Hotline (1-800-668-AIDS)
416-593-4849 Emergency Housing Covenant House
1-800-668-6868 Kid's Help Phone
1-800-268-9688 Lesbian, Gay, and Bi Youthline
416-597-8808 Rape Crisis Centre
Health / Housing / Student Welfare
416-392-0934 Dental/Oral Health
416-813-5804 Hospital for Sick Children (Teen Clinic)
416-392-2434 STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
416-927-7171 The House (Drop-in Clinic)
416-463-1191 Clifton Youth Service (Boys 15-19 years)
416-593-4849 Covenant House
416-922-3271 Stop 86 (Young Women 16-25 years)
416-696-6932 Touchstone
416-469-3457 Woodgreen Red Door
416-967-1733 Youthlink
416-923-8454 YWCA (Women over 16 years)
416-392-8623 General Information (Welfare)
416-392-8600 Emergency Services (Welfare)
Youth Employment/Career Counselling
416-925-4363 Central Neighbourhood House
416-535-1140 Dufferin Mall Youth Services
416-533-8285 St. Christopher House
416-531-4631 St. Stephen's Youth Employment