Student Success at Central Tech
Our Student Success Team look toward continuing to build a strong and responsive Student Success program at Central Tech. In order to provide the best and most effective supports for all students, the two main priorities for the Student Success Team are:
- To track, monitor and support senior students who are not on track to graduate.
- To identify, track, monitor and support students in grades 9 and 10 who are not on track to earn 16 credits by the end of grade ten.
In order to work toward student success for all, the program includes the following initiatives:
- Alternative Learning Opportunities such as: Dual Credit, Co-op and E-Learning
- Credit Recovery
- Credit Rescue
- Student Support Plans
- Attendance Monitoring
- Afterschool homework program: Mondays, Wednesday and Thursdays from 3:30-5:00pm
- After school Computer Lab Access
- Caring Adult Teacher-Student mentorship program
- Resume and Cover Letter workshops
- Working with community partners such as Pathways to Education and SWOLE to provide additional opportunities outside the classroom
- Working with our in-school supports such as CYC, CYW, FOS teacher, Special Education teachers, Social Worker, and Psychologist,
- School-wide data analysis
The Student Success Team will have a continued focus on Learning to 18 programs to improve student success as evidenced by increase in credit accumulation and secondary graduation rates.